1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sand barrel?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mike33087, Oct 28, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

anyone know where i can buy or any ideas how to make a couple of those 55 gallon drums full of sand/salt. or what they are called lol i have a few locations where they want me to supply a few of them.

ive seen a few fiber glass or plastic ones that would be really nice but i dont know where to get them.

2. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Go to a local shop and see if they have empties. At the shop I work at, they usually become trash cans.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I get mine from a local "surplus salvage" store. Both steel and plastic.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we get ours from MFA.... or any bulk oil supply. usually cost $10

5. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

thanks guys, i know where to get the barrels in fact i think i have a few, but where can i get the stand or a decent pic of a good one to use

6. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I have bought some from a car wash place. All the soap and stuff comes in them.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i am realy not sure what the Q' is, are you just talking about the 55gal drum like we get eng oil in? if so i agree with jay brown

9. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol no! i have the drum. im looking for a stand so i can put it at an angle alongside the driveway to an industrial park that i plow, its kinda a slop and the managment company wants a barrel of sand there
    so basically i need a picture of one i can make or somewhere i can buy one that will last

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

powerjoke- you seem to have a big target on your back these last few days.:dizzy:

11. daplowman

daplowman Member

Dont use a stand. Drive some rebar or woden stakes in the ground. That will hold er.