1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Samurai mount for meyer 6'6"

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by thouse, Jan 29, 2009.

1. thouse

thouse Junior Member

Well, how about a question from a newbee?

I've inherited an old non-hydrolic 6 ft 6 inch Meyer snow plow.

I'd like to mount this to my '88 Suzuki Samurai to clear some farm roads and lanes.

The Sami will never be on any public street while the plow is mounted to the frame.

The questions are:

Do you think the Sami can push this thing????

Will I have to get a welder to custom make a detachable frame mount for this Samurai or is there a commercial frame mount for this vehicle??? perferably used...

Is it feasible to use an electric winch to raise and lower the plow??

Any thoughts???

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Do you think the Sami can push this thing????

Depends on how much snow you have, chains and weight will help.

Will I have to get a welder to custom make a detachable frame mount for this Samurai or is there a commercial frame mount for this vehicle??? perferably used...

Yes, you will need to make your own frame mount. You can start from scratch or modify something from another truck/jeep. Remember the A-frame needs to be level when the plow is mounted and on the ground. Assuming an old ST series plow, 10.5" is the pin height for the mount.

Is it feasible to use an electric winch to raise and lower the plow??

A winch will work.

You may want to check out the import/light duty forum.

3. thouse

thouse Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

You suggestions and the other site you recommended had lots of additional info.

Thanks...that really gets me startred in getting this to work.

You may want to check out the import/light duty forum.[/QUOTE]