1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sample bill to customers

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Brian's Lawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

can someone show me a sample bill that they would send to their customers?

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Spacing may not come out right, but you should get the idea. Short and simple. I make it up on the computer.

Mick’s Snow & Ice Management
    229 Level Hill Rd, Palermo, Me 04354
    Tele: xxx-xxxx email: mick.j.smith@att.net

Customer Name
    address date

January, 2007

Date Service Depth of Snow Charged Total for Month

01-15 Plow 3” $30
    01-19 Plow 4” $30 $60

Please pay amount due by the 10th of the following month

Checks payable to: Mick Smith or Mick’s Snow & Ice Management

If you have suggestions on how I could improve service, please contact me at xxx-xxxx or Mick.J.Smith@att.net

I thank you for your business

3. Brian's Lawn

Brian's Lawn Senior Member

thank you. i got several ideas off of that and it was helpful.

KINNCO Senior Member

I guess...over 4000 post!
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

one other thought.
    you should assign (or use) invoice numbers
    otherwise you really have no good way of tracking it besides names (and that's a pain as you get bigger)

Mine is the year dash 001 and up

so, 2007-001 is my first invoice this year.
    Quickly allows me to see the year and how much work I did for that customer.
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Brian, PM me your email & I will send you a copy of my invoice

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

PM me too and I wll send you one also.:salute:
  8. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

check out the blizzard buster website,i've been using the program for the past 6 years and it works out good, best of all things is if you only have 5 accounts payable you can get it free with the demo version they send you.I just finnally had to break down this last year and buy the full version.their website is www.adkad.com
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

This is form I use.

statement #3 (Small).jpg
  10. WinnEnterprises

WinnEnterprises Member
    from KCMO

I use Quickbooks Simple start for everything- including invoicing. It works terrific, I wouldn't use anything else. My only suggestion is to make sure you back up OFTEN! The program is well worth the $99, heck you can even customize the invoices with your information, logo, etc.
  11. kwegman003

kwegman003 Member

5 customer limit not 5 a/p

The limit is now 5 customers not a/p. I dont know if that changed or you mis-typed
  12. snowjunkie

snowjunkie Junior Member
    from NJ

smaple bill to customers

I agree with Grandview.
    I printed up 2 part carbonless sales books. write out what I did while there (plowed, salted, walkways) and their prices, tear off the top copy and leave it there. I keep the second for my records. No other typing required.
    Quick, quick. chop. chop.payup
  13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

This is what I use, I deleted some of my information.

I also have printed 2 copy carbon service invoices, my print guy made me 500 of them that are 1 color (Green, Black, White) for $50. However I usually only use those carbon ones in the summer when someone down the street needs their bushs trimmed (etc).
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  14. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Ill second that. Quickbooks will be the best money you spend. Especially as the company grows. You can pull up A/R Summaries as fast as you can click the mouse. Definitly the way to go.
  15. mmplowing

mmplowing Member

Quick Books Simple Start is a free download and it is PERFECT for what I need.
  16. Snowshow

Snowshow Member

Quick Books all of the way. The invoices look very professional and if there are open invoices that are carried from month to month, QB will generate a "aging" summary to include with the invoice. We found that this helps those who are a little slow on paying to speed up the cash flow. It is the only way we have found to keep track of customers, billing, accounts receivable, and most of all, profit and loss statements. As our business grew, we wanted to track separately how much revenue we brought in for salting, shoveling, and plowing ect. The program allows you to line item each of these out to find out where you are making money or what you might need to improve on. It's an absolute must in my book (no pun) but if we ever wanted to sell out and go boating in Flordia for the rest of my days, I would have very accurate numbers to show a prosective buyer or banks where our position is! Just my O2.
  17. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

How does everyone do their billing? By that I mean, at the end of the month or after each storm?

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

end of the month due by the 10th
  19. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

We bill after each storm. Keep the money flowing in.
  20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Here is a sample invoice. My customers can view this online, and pay online in the customer center if they wish. I set this sample customer up so any of you plowsite guys can view the online customer center if you want. I will leave it open for a few days for you guys.

Username : plowsite
    Password: plowsite

Enjoy! :drinkup:

Attached Files: