1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

same ole same ole... help please on commercial property

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by brickslayer, Jul 27, 2012.

1. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

have a print because of the masonry project and was asked to give a bid on snow removal. I might decide to pass on it if I have jobs going through the winter but its my neighbor that just purchased the property and he trusts me to at least give him an idea of what the price would be for quality service. I have never bid anything this size just plowed hourly rate as a sub years ago. So if I decide to pass at least the next guy will have something he will be happy with. and the lowballers will be called out.

Anyhow, looking at 199,800 sq' or 4.58 acres total of easy wide open plowing with very few curbs, new seal cost asphalt, and plenty of room for snow piling. A desending loading dock 6 stalls wide is included in that total. 220' sidewalk. as far as salting: 220' of sidewalk, the loading dock area and roughly 61,000 sq' of parking spaces.
  2. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

O ya, open to all suggestions of how to price it. At this point all I have to go on really is a 2" trigger.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

It really depends on your market. You say 4.58 steve of plowing which is somewhere around 4-5 hrs of plowing so add somewhere between 35% to 100% to your sub rate for that, salt is usually about the same maybe a little less per app in my market but your not salting the whole thing figure about 1.5 times your hourly plow rate, walks same thing figure out an holy rate (maybe a masonry labor rate ?) and work from there.
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a site map that would be helpful. Also the price is going to vary greatly depending on what time of overhead and equipment you plan to use. That would be an awful lot of bags of salt if you don't have bulk capacity.

If you decide you arent interested in it let me know. That size property is right in our wheel house. Not sure where you are in wisconsin, but we service quite a few areas of the state. PM me if you'd like.
  5. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

Bulk salt with onsite storage option. Would only be using large hitch mount spreader though. Skid steer (no blade or push box at this point) 2 dodge diesels one straight 8 and one 8.2v.
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I would salt it differently, but you'll be fine with those two trucks servicing that site.
  7. brickslayer

brickslayer Member

I kinda have an idea about how long it will take with the two trucks working together. But really like to hear ya pros opinions about how much time allowance you would give for this property at 2". Again it doesn't get any easier as far as layout and stacking options.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me that you would be looking at close to 2 to 2.5 hours if both trucks are plowing at the same time. If you throw the SS in there to clean up the loading dock, then have that drive doing the sidewalks, the time would remain about the same.