1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Same issue with v-plow.

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by split2ndnova, Jan 8, 2010.

1. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

Today I was plagued with the wing issue for 2 hours. the problem has not yet subsided and I am off at 6am to plow again.

My issue is when I hit the left wing button, both wings move. Sometimes the right moves faster or slower then the left and that is annoying.

What have been the developments of this controller problem we are all having?

I have 5 hours on this plow and still have not put it through it's paces. So far, I have been super satisfied with it . I did use some electrostatic grease this morning and that is the only different thing I have done.

Is it possible, water gets in the connector and freezes? I can't see it being anything but a controller issue and or misfired signal of some sort. If it goes away, I'm waiting. If that is the case, that points to a bad connection or controller problem, I m o.

Any info would be appreciated.

2. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I just got off the phone with Scott Moorman with Snow Dogg whom is fully aware of the problem. This will be a warranty repair at no cost, but they have to replace ann hydrolics to fix the issue. I contacted my local dealer who is going to call me back. Scott was great to deal with and knew of the issue and admitted it existed. Most companies would just blame the operator but Buyers does not do that! I am still satisfied with my purchase and look forward to them fixing the issue.

3. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Glad to hear that Buyers is on it. My V is doing the same thing.

4. stanger86

stanger86 Member

I have the same problem. Scott told me to take out the S2 and S3 coils and clean them in the meantme. I did and everything works like new! Took maybe 15 minutes tops.

5. split2ndnova

split2ndnova Member

Can you please tell me how to do that, man?? I can put an engine together so I can handle this, I would hope...... Why dont you post so we can be up.

6. stanger86

stanger86 Member

Ya its a piece of cake! Ok take off the top and front side cover of the pump/hydraulic cover. If you look on the top cover there is a diagram of all the coils and such. look for S2 and S3, you should pretty much be starring at them. They have the wires going to them and are black little rectangles. Remove these, they are held on by a 3/4" nut. They should just slide off. Then you will see the cartridge valve it sticks out and should be 7/8" socket size. Before you remove it completely stick a towel under it because it will leak out a little fluid, not much but just a dribble. Take it out and you will see a bunch of holes in it. There is a sleve inside it that moves back and forth that diverts the hydraulic oil. This is what is getting hung up with metal shavings. Stick something in it and push on it, you will feel it move back and forth. You need to clean this with kerosene or WD40. I use an allen wrench, set it on top of the allen wrench on my work bench and proceeded to push up and down on the valve as i cleaned it with WD40. I didnt see much of any metal shavings come out but It worked so dont be alarmed if you dont notice anything. Before I reinstalled it, i lubed the o-rings back up with a dab of the hydraulic fluid that was dripping out of the housing, this way it would reseat itself properly. Then repeat the same thing for the next valve.

Note that this is just a temp. fix for this and you should get ahold of your dealer or whomever for the proper fix. But this should get you back up and running. Let me know if something is to confusing, Im not that good at describing things. I wish my camera was working so i could show you a step by step.

7. V-Dogg

V-Dogg Junior Member

Sweet!, I'll be trying this today.For those of you that are having doubts about Snow Doggs,how many other companies engineers are keeping contact with the owners of their plows via phone,e-mail or on this site,when they are having problems (and they do) I doubt any!! Keep this up Snow Dogg and in a few short years the word will get out about the service and quality of the plows and people will be buying them left and right.Just don't change your pricing and your customer service policies as you get bigger in this market and soon enough you will be one of the "Big Doggs"

8. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Thanks Stanger 86 I will give this a try also. Did you get your plow from ESI. If so was it a smooth transaction?

9. stanger86

stanger86 Member

I did get mine from ESI, took maybe 4 days to get here. Only problem was my light adapter was on backorder. As soon as Snowdogg had them available they Overnighted me one.

10. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Thanks, im going to order a saltdogg sander from them. Hopefully have the same results

11. toptech72

toptech72 Member
    from 21078

Well my dealings with ESI wasnt so good. It took a week longer to get my plow than what they said it would take. And they never returned any of my phone calls or e-mail in reguards to when i would have my plow. But when i contacted buyers i was given all of the info i needed. Buyers also told me that even though my order was placed with ESI on the 23rd of december and my card was charged on the 28th Buyers did not recieve the order from ESI until the 30th.