1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salvaged snowblower attachment for...uhh...for what?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by theholycow, Dec 5, 2011.

1. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

A couple years ago I picked this thing up. I couldn't let it go to the landfill when I hate shoveling so much, and besides, it's worth a few bucks of scrap. I dumped it in my yard and forgot about it, only remembering it when I'm shoveling.

Well, I finally remembered it when I'm NOT shoveling yet.

What would this attach to normally? Any thoughts on a shoestring budget way to make this into something I could use? Ugly is fine, hacky is fine, anything's better than shoveling. :mechanic:

Above, you see the drive pulley facing the camera. It spins easily and turns the auger.

2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

what you have is the front half a atlas snow blower made by MTD. Back half was engine,controls, transmission, and drive wheels. They probably split it to replace belts and forgot how to put it back together. If you manage to find the back half, you will have a so-so boat anchor
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

have any equipment with a PTO or aux hydraulics?
  4. theholycow

I do not. :(
  5. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Get a gas motor and make a blower for a 4 wheeler....
  6. theholycow

The good news: Now, thanks to this thread, I know what it is.

The bad news: I really don't have anything I can hack together with this thing. I was hoping someone would post something really crazy and I'd say "Oh yeah, I forgot I have one of those!" but I really don't think that will happen.
  7. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

that thing is awesome. You can get yourself a sideshaft engine, build a frame and have a self contained blower. Hook it to a lawnmower or a quad, your good to go. I would love to find something like this!
  8. plowninja

plowninja Member
    from Iowa

looks like a blower attachment for a tiller. Or in other words scrap metal
  9. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Front half of a 2 stage snow blower. I agree, they went to replace the belts and never put it back together