1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salvage Parts of 04 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Frozen001, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

This might be a bit off topic, but anybody know of a web site etc. that will carry salvage parts from wreck of an 04 gmc sierra. The local salvage yards around hear do not have any. I am looking to add a center console to my truck(to replace the fold down center seat).

Thanks

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

dont you have to replace the seats too? that center seat is connected to the drivers seat in my truck. maybe you can inbolt it.

3. My truck was the base model and had only the center seat, did not even fold down. I had searched and searched and finally got lucky and found a gmc professional console. About the only place you can find the center console would be on ebay. You do need to make sure that it comes with the mounting base as well, it is definately needed. there is a big market on there for the center seat consoles as well, so you may be able to sell yours.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I I was planning on maybe selling mine after I get the new/used one installed, but I have to find one first.... I really am hoping I can just find one out of a totaled truck... but I guess time will tell. I really don't need the center seat on mine, never used it in my previous truck, but it is impossible to get a regular cab with out it. If only manufactures will give you more flexibility. The console that I have seen are actually nice, and would fit my needs more than the fold down seat. I know about the pro console you have, it has some nice features, like the built in cooler.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

No you do not have to change the seats on the new body style seats. The seats go with either the 20 % seat or a center console. There are special sockets for the nuts and bolts that hold down the seats though. I have a set but they may be hard to find. Try Schram Auto Parts in Waterford MI 1-800-462-9292 they buy almost all of GMs cars and trucks from the proving grounds and have a large number of late model gm trucks. You will need to know what color,here are the colors Very Dark Petwer (dark Gray) Pewter (light gray) Mini (light Brown) it will not make a diff if its a chevy or a gmc as far as the console goes. the seats are diff though. It sounds like you have a VDP base seat in your truck. If the 20 % seat is fixed and it doesn't fold down then you have base seats in the truck. If you need anymore info PM me,I work for GM truck assy in Pontiac MI but report to work at Lear Seating and inspect the seats for GM right before they are shipped to the assy plant.so I know alot about GM seats.

Regards Mike

6. Guy

Guy Member
    from Alaska