1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by diesel dave 04, Dec 21, 2008.

1. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

I had to salt a small parking lot today I did it by hand, I used 50 pound bags of salt.
    How do I charge? I thought by the bag used.
    If so what should i charge per bag?
  2. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

I've spread salt before for a guy I occasionally work for... he charges per bag plus labor... pays $3 a bag for the salt and charges $7, plus $40 an hour for labor... minimum 1 hour.
  3. E.D.

E.D. Junior Member

I dont know from personal experience, but the answer that i see comonly on here is 2x-3x the price of the bag of salt. i.e. $5 bag of salt, you would charge $10-15 per bag of salt used.
  4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Greetings my friend...... The going rate in our area is .37cents to .48cents per pound applied. Price varies on type of salt (de-icer) used.
  5. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

Ok thanks guys I just wanted to make sure I was in the right price range.
  6. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Im charging 3.5x the price I paid, but im not spreading by hand either. I read on here 20-25 cents/lb is another figure.
  7. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 Senior Member

we charge $22.50/bag for sidewalks and any thing or spreaders wont cover. price going up to $27.00/bag on the 1st