1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Aldergood, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Aldergood

Aldergood Junior Member

Hi guys..wow this is a great site for new guys like me..I am just starting out this year on my own,...(I have plowed 3 yrs ) My question is priceing..I am wondering how You all work out your priceing around here most contractors have season contracts at a set price . is this how most do it... and my main question is this. I have a small plaza that I am plowing now asking for a quote on salting and I have no idea about how to estimate it. I am planing to use bag salt and a myer mini tailgate spreader I have the prices for the salt but what is the average amount you would use in say a 300X 600 ft lot...I realize you use more for colder conditions and such but just how would I work it out for an average Any help would be appreciated
  2. Aldergood

Aldergood Junior Member

Sorry guys, I just made a newby mistake..I got so excited at having found this forum that I posted my question without reading enough to see that it has already been covered...If anyone cares to add anything anyway the more the better....
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Welcome aboard!

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Welcome !

Try a search using words like "aplication rates", or similar, and it should bring up some pretty good discussions from the past couple of years. You will notice quite a range of ideas !!

Its all great and valuable info though !!!
  5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

6. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Mark K
  7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Welcome to Plowsite, glad to have you here.

Got questions ask away, some of the best in the business of plowing are here!!!

:waving: :waving: :waving:
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

As a rule of thumb, my application rates run between 65-80% of what my lot plowing price is. However the sure way is to charge by the bag applied.
  9. Aldergood

Aldergood Junior Member

:drinkup: Cheers...thanks for the warm welcome and all the great advice. I look forward to reading alot more great stuff here in the future.

10. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Welome to Plowsite.Theres alot of useful info here add to it if you like.We are all here to learn