1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping, Oct 16, 2004.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

just got my first $6,000 condo account and they are still adding to it so there will be more money coming from that plus i just have one residential account. i didnt have a salt spreader and i am going to get one now then see if they would like a quote for salting was wondering how much you guys usually get for salting. this is my second your in plowing. thanks
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the money in this game is in salting. You will not use as much as you think and you should charge more then you think. We spread only bulk salt and we buy in bulk and it works out to be half as much as bags. I salt a plaza that takes $100 in material and we bill $325, this can be done in 10 minutes and the truck can do 3 on one load so if you have lots of work you can make lots of money!
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I still have a one year old snow ex 1075 tailgate spreader for sale,cost 1600 new asking 1000.00. I will even drop it off for you. If you have any interest call me 248 431 6443 This spreader is like new,I am going to buy a v box if I sell this one.

Regards Mike
  4. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

snow ex 1075 spreader

yeh i might be interested in buying that from you i will give you a call here in a couple days or so and let you know.