1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salting sidewalks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by greenland, Dec 14, 2000.

1. greenland

greenland Junior Member

does anyone have a suggestion or tip on how to efficiently salt sidewalks of significant length, such as in condo complex. i have a lesco rotary spreader. i ask them today if they make a shield so as to direct salt out the front and they said no. they suggested thier drop spreader. anyone have other ideas or contraptions to use.
  2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Do a search here. I believe in another thread that someone mentioned buying Lesco sheilds for their Lesco spreader. If not you could maybe buy from another brand and modify it to fit yours.
  3. RB

RB Senior Member

I use a good spreader that has a great adjustments. Prizelawn Bigfoot HVO is a fertilizer/salt spreader. An additional item is a side deflector. Purchase two deflectors and put them on each side. Works great! Spreader is about $400, little expensive just to spread salt.