1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salting question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Nov 19, 2008.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

I just bought a snowex 7500 salter, can anyone tell me what spinner and auger speeds it should run at? I realize that it depends on conditions but I've actually never salted before and need a couple of pointers. We are supposed to get 1-2" tonight so i will need to salt. My controller has spinner and auger speed adjustments that go from 10-99 for both. do you normally want spinner and auger speed to match or not? If anyone has this salter please let me know what you run it at. What speed do you run it at when you are salting
    2" and what speed do you run it at right after you plowed? Thank you.

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Can i ask what you paid for your salter?

3. snowace

snowace Member

after you plow put the auger on 20 and the Sprinner on 55 keep in mind it will through it mostly to the driverside. With an 1 1/2" keep an eye on the temp i usually put my auge on 40 and spinner on 55 hope this helps

4. 04f350powerv-xt

Thanks snowace at least i have an idea now of what speeds I need to run at.

I think i paid $4900CAD for the salter.

5. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

Sounds like a nice salter. I just bought a new Hiniker SS spreader. I can only control the engine speed, nothing more. The only way to control the amount of salt being spread it by changing the opening of the endgate. My cost was $4300 installed.

6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

You cant throttle the engine down so the spinner doesnt spin as fast?

7. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

All one speed...throttle the engine down, the conveyer slows down and less material comes out. It sounded like he could adjust the speed of the spinner to increase the throwing distancw without increasing the material dispensing speed. A friend of mine said, just driver slower...I want to get done faster not slower!!

8. 04f350powerv-xt

what speed to you drive at when salting??

9. Grampa Plow

from Midwest

Depends how much salt I want to put down AND how high open we have the material flow gate.

10. bridge577

bridge577 Member
    from ohio

I run my snow ex at 28 and 35 for a dusting 35 and 45 for 1 inch or less of snow I drive between 10-15 mile an hour. Good luck nex time look in to the new salt dogg spreader, I own both and love the new one.