1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

??? Salting question ???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vernislm, Dec 16, 2011.

1. vernislm

vernislm Junior Member

This is my first year salting with a spreader. I have one account that I provide salting for, I also have driveways that I salt when I plow them. At times I may have 1" of snow at my shop and when I get to the customer location its dry. I have a Snowex 1075 that I run bulk through it, the property is about 18k sq ft. What I do now is I have buckets in the bed of the truck so if the property is dry I don't have a spreader with material in it. My question is there any better way to do this.

2. tjjn06

tjjn06 Member
    from Ohio

I use a custom box to hold the salt, then just shovel it into my 1075. I know others that buy some plastic bins and use them as well.

3. welder1122

welder1122 Senior Member

if u have a big enough salt shed fill the spreader and if you dont use any or all the material back the truck in and pull the spinner off and let teh conveyer drop it on the ground.