1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salting propertys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chad szakacs, Nov 28, 2003.

1. chad szakacs

chad szakacs Junior Member

The questions that I have for all of you is what makes you determine that you need to either salt or plow if only certain areas in your city are experiencing snow /ice conditions. Do you drive to all of your propertys to check on them or call a 24 hour store near them or what.
    Your input would be appreciated.

2. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

great question i would love to see a answer to this one

3. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

watch the weather channel

my family thinks im addicted to the weather channel. you have to get good at deciding if that blob of green coming at you is going to keep coming, turn to white or disappear. the thing i don t like about the weather channel, they tend to paint to big of an area before the storm. you can look out your window when it starts and go from there and when your out plowing you can tell if you need to be somewhere else or not. the internet site i like besides dtn is www.undergroundweather.com. good luck. hope this helps

4. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Thats one of the advantages to having all your customers in the same area. All of ours are within a 5 mile radius.