1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salting pricing per app.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cricket, Sep 14, 2006.

1. cricket

cricket Junior Member

I live in ne ohio and my question is how much to charge for one ton of
    bulk salt per application.
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

First , you need to figure out how much you are paying for salt by the ton. Second, how big is the lot you are salting?
  3. cricket

cricket Junior Member

i was told that one ton is good for one acre ,and I called couple suppliers for this season price.they did't have it but i was told that last season 2006 price was $63 per ton and will go up @ $3 per ton
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That would be a lot of salt for 1 acre. It would be closer to 2 acres and maybe a little more. Search for salt coverage. There are a lot of variables. Time of year, amount of snow, shade or sun, high traffic and some more.
  5. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Around here I can hire a subcontractor for $125 per ton applied, and bill it at $200 per ton.
  6. cricket

cricket Junior Member

thank you guys for info
  7. shamp

shamp Member

Hey cricket I use Abraxus salt they charge 54.00 ton picked up. that was last years price. Called for this years and they siad they should stay the same for pickup. Their located on Brookpark Rd. by Chevy Blvd. I charge $130.
  8. cricket

cricket Junior Member

yea I called Abaxus yesterday and price for this year is $58 per ton,
    and they told me they are open 24-7 in winter time that is cool.
    I was planing to charge $90 for salting per ton and $100 for snow plowing per hour with f-350 boss 8.2 v-plow.
  9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If you can get $100/hour plowing then I would think you can get more then $90 for salt. More like $150.
  10. cricket

cricket Junior Member

I will try to readjust my price for salting
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is this your first year salting?

I think the salt is going to go a lot further then you think it might.
  12. cricket

cricket Junior Member

I would say yes.this is my first year biding salting.on commercial properties
  13. digit

digit Member

price per app.

You should be able to get more than one acre done with a ton. the one ten acre site I use an average of 3 tons but depending on conditions more or less.
    One thing you have to remember with salt your cost are more than just your time you need to figure for wear and tear . Also a lot more corrosion.
  14. kasper

kasper Junior Member

i think you are right about using 1 ton per acre. when i figure salting i go by this. on average over the season it will work out. some nights are less and some are more. but you will be safe at that figure
  15. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

ain't that the truth, I replaced my coolant lines and a/c system because of it. at least it was under warrenty
  16. RHarrah

RHarrah Member

Could I get some direction as to where on Brookpark Rd. Chevy crosses it?