1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salting - Is Insurance higher with or without

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Eyesell, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'm getting ready to buy the one "Awesome Boss Salt Spreader" for my truck and I have insurance, my friend said my rates will go up if I tell the Insurance Company I'm salting, is this true.

Also the trailer park ( yes trailer park ) I'm doing now is being plowed by my friend and I, he has no insurance ( in process of getting it ) but he has the salter we're currently using, is there any additional risk involved here
  2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

salting insurance

it depends on your insurance company. my company puts both salting and plowing in a class they call (streets and roadways) so it did not raise mine. The only way to know is to tell them. Keep in mind that if you don't tell them and something happens they will probably cancel you.
  3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Same here..mine is classified as street/road maintenance.