1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salting and plowing in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by proscapeslmd, Oct 8, 2006.

1. proscapeslmd

proscapeslmd Junior Member

I run a lawn care and landscaping firm and I've just invested in 4 plow trucks and 3 salters. I am trying to make sure I am bidding my plow and salt jobs correctly. Any pointers? Also, anyone know of a bulk salt dealer in Indianapolis or close by? I've got a Western V-box 3 yd spreader, a swenson 8 yd, and another large tailgate spreader. In other words, lots of salt needed! Thanks for any help!

2. bihnsmoked

bihnsmoked Junior Member

ive found alot on the search

just try doing searches for prices for salting and prices for plowing as for local salt dealer im not sure i live in cleveland and there are a few around here you just have to know where mabe ask some local plow guys were they get theres if u know any sorry i cant bemore help

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It is kind of late in the year to get a decent price set. Most places like to know ahead of time so they can adjust what they order as well. I am not in your area but I would go along with the other guy and ask around. Maybe look in yellow pages under salt suppliers.

Good luck with your year hopefully you have something lined up already as most places have already been contacted by a plow company I am sure.