1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bakerc8, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

how many of u guys have salters. also how do you store them in the off season?
  2. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

Wash them out real good....run them out of fuel or add fuel sabilizer,grease it and spray everything down with WD-40 and I store all mine inside....If you can't at least tarp them.You will be much happier next winter....
  3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yep. many just keep them out behind their shop...sprayed down. I've seen them stood up on their fronts to save space. That's the cool thing about the newer style poly hoppers. they stand right up on their tails. They even have the caster wheels to roll around.
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

5. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

were do you stor them. like hag them put them on a shelf like that
  6. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I spend literally a half a day cleaning mine out and scrubing it down making sure to get all the salt out of every nock and cranny. I set mine in the shop a 4-5 pallets which keeps the spinner just off the ground.
  7. WINTER 3

WINTER 3 Member
    from Vermont

I wash the heck out of it, grease and oil everything and store it out in the yard on 6 pallets.