1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salter Tailgate for EZ Dumper & DownEaster Inserts

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Metro Lawn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

STOP spending the big $ for bagged salt for your tailgate spreaders and turn your dumper into a spreader using cheap bulk salt !!!!

I have a used salt spreader that replaces the factory tailgate on EZ Dumper & Downeaster dump inserts. I may also work on others, but I am not sure. It was just serviced by Santoro Bros. an EZ Dumper dealer and is in working condition. I do not have a controller for it as we had it hooked up using seperate toggle switches for both the auger and the spinner. I bench tested the unit and it is in working order. The top pic below is from their website.

Tailgate salt spreader - Convert your insert to a salt and sandspreader with the Downeaster tailgate spreader. Comes with a painted steel shell, a dual flight auger to pull materials from both sides, a self-leveling spinner, and pre-mixing tines to loosen material. Spread pattern adjusts from 8' to 20'. Removable spinner assembly allows handy sandbag or wheelbarrow filling. Dump feature allows conventional top-pivot tailgate operation. Separate electric motors drive auger and spinner.

These are well over $2500 new. asking $900 for it.

John 586-634-2904

tailgate1.jpg

40salter.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have some decent pics of the actual spreader on the truck ? Why are you selling ?
    T

3. Rickco

Rickco Member

Are you able to ship? If so how much to 01223. Thanx

4. Metro Lawn

I am selling it because I don't really use it. The truck won't hold enough salt for my needs and I have a Ford 9000 that I use. I can ship it if you arrange it. Check rates with some of the LTL carriers such as FedEx Freight, CCX, ect. The weight is 180 lbs at class 55 from 48089. I will get some pics in the next few days.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Is it stainless like the picture, or is it plain steel?

Thanks Mike

6. Metro Lawn

As stated above, it is painted steel

7. Metro Lawn

Here are some pics

dcp_2389.jpg

dcp_2388.jpg

dcp_2387.jpg

8. Metro Lawn