1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salter repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Deebo53, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

Need some help with my salt dogg sphe2000 2 ton spreader, it keeps jamming up. At first the auger control would show the letter "h" I looked it up and it said it meant a short. I emptied it out and power washed it with warm water and the auger kicked on started working I greased it up pretty good went out working salter stopped again.

Any help on what I can do to prevent this or fix it would help alot, Thanks.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

How far are you baffles opened? Having them opened too far could cause your jamming and bridging.

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^yup. .........

4. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

Thanks Jeff I closed the back one closest to the head of the auger a little bit it's opened about 4 inches right now but haven't loaded it up yet I'll try it tomorrow full of salt. How far would you recommend to leave it open?

5. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Manual says rear one open 4" and front one 2", but I keep both of mine open about 3'.