1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salter Problems

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Cooperthumb, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Cooperthumb

Cooperthumb Junior Member

I have a Northman 4200b series Super Spreader
    I bought off Ebay and upon inspection and running it discovered that I can not find parts
    Does anyone have or has had one in the past b/c the company was sold and the new company does not offer the salt spreaders
    PLS HELP

salter 001.jpg

2. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

What do you need?

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Sorry guy but I never heard of them either, I'm searching the internet and will let you know if I find something.

I will say this, you came to the right place for help, the people on this site are GREAT and will help as much as they can.

Talk with ya soon !!

4. Cooperthumb

nowhere northman salter

Thank you for responding
    actually not much b/c everything works
    I need the 3/4 id bearings above the belt driven pulley and below the spinner prop

5. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Take them off. Clean them up on a wire wheel. There should be a number on the bearings. That number is universal, and you can take it to any place that sells bearings and they will help you out.

Those bearings arent specific to that salter. I would start at napa and go from there.

6. Cooperthumb

northman

Tank you very much
    I will start with that
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago off ebay for 250.00
    took it to the shop and after new gas and oil it firew right up and after heating those bearing to free the spinner shaft Itstarted spinning so at first inspection this seems to be the only thing wrong thanks for your time

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

For $ 250.00 that's a pretty good by, should make some good cash with it :nod: