1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salter mount

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bluespruce, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i put a lap top stand in my truck some time ago and have been trying to find a good place to put the Salter controller. between the plow controller, Salter, trailer brake controller its hard to find a place i had the Salter in the center console hole under the radio but a wire worked out and it was to hard to get to and way to hard at 2am in a big storm. so i wanted to move it. passengers may be a little tight but i think its worth it. i am no longer gonna have a sidewalk b.... with me so its only a problem when i take that truck out and she is with me but i take the laptop out so its just the Salter... that way she has more reason to stay in shape so she can fit... ha-ha hope she doesn’t read this.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

2. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

needs paint but its the perfect lenght for my arm and is comfortable for precision spreading

3. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Nice job, no passengers in your truck huh?

4. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

thanks, no a ton i am haveing a blower truck instead of haveing a guy with me this year. and she will b... but she can get over it

5. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

what kinda plow are you running? what motor is in the truck?

6. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

its a 6.6 big d max. bought it late summer first diesel i have owned, its got a 8 2 v boss

7. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 Junior Member

Probably gonna want to round off those edges. One good reach across the seat from her and its gonna be a bloody mess.

8. bluespruce

bluespruce Member

i did grind them off will do some more before