1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salter lid/cover

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kemmer, Dec 27, 2012.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

We just got a 9' v box salter installed. I'm looking for some pictures of what you guys have done for covers. My goal is to have a double door lid that when open, it will prevent spillage in the truck body. Also due to its length, a sheet of plywood is a foot short.

I look forward to your pictures. Thanks
  2. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Go to your local canvas shop and have a cover made out of the material used for semi tarps. Keeps the salt dry and will have grommets for bungee straps to hold it on.
  3. fireside

fireside Senior Member

FYI, plywood does come in 4x10 and 5x10 sheets. your local lumber company can get it not local home improvment store. I had plywood lids at one time they were not worth the time to open and close them not to include the weight of them swing and having to climb on top of the truck to do it. A good operator and tarp will do the samething .

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Dumpster covers they are cheap tough hinge them on the outside edge this way when you open them up to load they will hang over your truck protecting it when driving just hold down with cheap bungee straps or small ratchet straps
  5. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I love the door setup on my western tornado. Bungees and tarps are a PITA. If you have to use a tarp spend some time on designing a quick roll up latch down system.