1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salter everyone's opion

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ultimate inc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Ultimate inc

Ultimate inc Junior Member

ok guys been plowing for 6 years and my partner never wanted to salt long story short i bought him out and going to start salting and wondering what i should put in my dump truck tailgate spreader or v box and what would be best any help will start me in the right direction thanks!!!:redbounce
  2. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Well with the vbox the only down side is loading and unloading it out of your truck. The up side is your bed doesnt rust and you get a better spreader and more control with a vbox (make sure you buy a stainless steel one). The under the tail gate is nice because then you just load the dump up and it is easier to take on and off, but the down side is you need to run central hyrdralics for it and the electric hoist on the dump has got to go. It will crap out on you. Way your options. A Buyers 8' SS goes for about 3500.00 while im not sure on the numbers for the tailgate but im guess (and correct me if im wrong) 2500 for the spreader and another 3000 or so for the hydros.
  3. Ultimate inc

Ultimate inc Junior Member

both sound like good points, loadind salt wouldn't be to bad though cause i can use my skidsteer. thanks for the different options
  4. zman9119

zman9119 Member