1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salter conveyor chain install

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chachi1984, Nov 16, 2015.

1. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

hey,
    My conveyor chain broke a few weeks ago so I ordered a new one and got it last week. The old one was done it broke last year and we fixed it then it broke again this year. I took the salter off the truck. what's the best way to install the new chain. I was thinking of tying the new chain to the end of the old one and turning the spinner at the back, feeding the chain around. then linking the chain at the from when the chain comes back around.

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You should try your theory first, sounds fun. Never underestimate the power of a couple of ratchet straps for pulling through and pulling tight to connect.

3. maxwell

maxwell Member
    from nw ohio

I have changed them like that but I did it without removing the spreader from the truck.:mechanic:

4. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

just got it done with a few guys