1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg V-box controller tests on/off??

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by deere615, Dec 21, 2010.

1. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I have a SaltDogg electric poly 1.5 yard v-box. I just got it this year and it has the black controller with 2 knobs, 2 switchs, and the 2 digital numbers. When I turn the spreader on it sortof tests each the auger and spinner by first turning the auger to full power for a quick second and then the spinner for a second then they both go to what you have them set for.
    This is rather annoying because it wastes time and it shoots out a bunch of salt in one area which is a bit of waste.

I have asked one dealer about it he said its normal. I wanted a second opinion. I know of the controller issues and dont know if this is part of it, its just extremely annoying otherwise I am happy with the spreader so far.
    Is this normal? Is there a way to change it? should I get a new controller?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I sometimes just will leave the power on while I do each lot,that way you can just dial down each function till your ready to spread.Yes,try and get rid of that POS black digital box for the better white analog one.

3. deere615

yes i have done that before but you have to turn the spinner down the auger down and the vibrator off so it doesnt pack in there thats 3 things as opposed to one on/off switch. Yes I have heard get the white controller does that controller do this as well?

4. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

This is normal. Says it in the directions.

5. deere615

Yes I just looked and it does that is a rather annoying feature I should say,...