1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg TSG07 running bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mmhandyman, Dec 17, 2011.

1. mmhandyman

mmhandyman Junior Member

Need some help and we are a new user. My husband just purchased a Buyers SaltDogg tgs07 salter and is running bulk salt. All information we read said the salt spread is up to 30', but he is only getting a spread of about 15'. Is there something special he needs to do to get the wider spread, or is this standard with using bulk salt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if this question is already out there, I am sorry for asking, but could not find any threads about this issue.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have the same unit and the only time I've gotten anywhere close to a 30' spread pattern is when I've used a bagged product. 15-20' is about where I'm at most of the time.

3. bosworth

bosworth Junior Member
    from MI

Thank-You,

Thanks for your help with me tonight. Hopefully you will find your answer. I believe to come close to the 30' your going to have to use bagged salt.

Douglas
    Green Acres...:jester:

4. mmhandyman

mmhandyman Junior Member

Thank You

Camden, thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Doug, glad the boss was able to help you out tonight.

5. bosworth

bosworth Junior Member
    from MI

bump......

bump back to the top.....

6. bosworth

bosworth Junior Member
    from MI

With all the people on here that own the salt dog TGS07, and only 1 real response. Mike is looking for some information that pertains to how far the spreader will throw salt. Like he stated that he's using bulk salt and not getting any where close to the 30' that Saltdogg claims.

Bosworth.....:redbounce

7. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I just bought a new TG07 this year, but have not used it yet. and I live in upstate NY. Can't wait to see what people are saying.

8. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I got the TG06 and is about the same as TG07. If I run bagged I get 25 to 30 ft without a problem. Bulk?? 15 to 20 ft. 20ft and a good day and it has to be dry, dry salt. So far I dont mind. Bulk is cheap and I don't mind another pass or two. Infact customers like to see the truck spreading the salt! :nod:

9. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

Salt weight appeared to make a difference on throw distance. Its my first year using this TGS07 and it has performed extremely well. I almost always use bulk and get 20-25 feet at best but in parking lots with tight lanes it works well. Also boost on controller hits the areas I want with ease. Recomend it for anyone looking for this size spreader. Vibrator works well too. New in membership but have been looking at site for a few years.