1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

saltdogg TGS07 Question

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BPAV1, Nov 15, 2011.

1. BPAV1

BPAV1 Junior Member

i currently have a buyers suv spreader with a 350lb capacity... it works great and i like it a lot but i am looking at the tgs07 to upgrade my capacity and save some time on my route. i have to load my suv spreader after plowing every lot and only put in what is needed for that lot. in the past when ive left salt in the hopper it clogs and i have to physicall turn the auger to get it going and add salt as needed. i use btwn 1000-1500 lbs to get all my accounts done and would only have to load the tgs07 two times which would be great... i am impressed with the design of the tgs07 and im wondering will the horizontal auger and vibrator not allow the unit to clog? the longest any salt would be in the hopper is probably around 3 hrs and im using bagged rock salt... also before anyone suggests a vbox... i do not want a vbox just yet, i dont think i use enough salt for the vbox cost and do not want to get into buying bulk salt... thanks!

2. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

I bought one last year for a couple of commercial lots and it was worked very well. As long as it's installed properly electrical wise, the spreader will work very well. The only thing that you have to consider is that it's pretty heavy for a 1 man install compared to what you have now.

Mine throws bagged and bulk with no problems. I'm happy with mine...

3. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

how do you load it if your running bulk through it without the salt getting all screwed up?

4. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

Bulk in the sense that I shovel it in from the bed...I usually just use bagged salt....

5. BPAV1

BPAV1 Junior Member

ok thank you! yea i am just worried about leaving the salt in there for an extended period of time but hope thats not an issue

6. JRKRACE

JRKRACE Senior Member

I don't leave salt in mine overnight because I basically use it all up on my lots. In your case, I would fill it halfway and use it all up before storing it.