1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg Spreader for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Tierra, May 2, 2010.

1. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

I'm selling a 2 year old Salt Dogg 2 cubic yard electric spreader. Reduced price big-time before putting away for winter...$2100. Located in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. If interested contact tierratrucks@gmail.com or 847-873-7654

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Why dont you post some Pictures.....It might generate some interest....

3. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

4. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

i know folks that have bad things to say about this model of salt dogg. What are you guys perspective? Is it worth it? How does it compare to a snow way or snow ex?

5. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

I can't speak about other makes but I haven't had problems I sure have seen enough of them around working. I'm selling because it's too big for my work load and vehicle I'm running for salting.

6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Are you the original owner of the unit? Did you buy it new?

7. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

yes I bought it new for the 08/09 season from a place called Regional Truck in Addison, IL

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I might be interested. I just have to figure out what all I need to buy for this summer. Maybe we can work out a deal. That's exactly what I am looking for. Does this fit in a short box truck?

9. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

Salt Dogg spreader

You would have to look up the specs to be sure it would fit a short bed but I believe it will the unit is about 77" long. Let me know what you want to do. Doug, tierratrucks@gmail.com

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Sent you an email....

11. readysnowplow

If anyone is interested I also have a salt dogg tailgate for sale. I only used it twice last winter. Its just like new. I'd let it go for about $750 if u come get it.

12. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

does your unit have the swing-away option or fixed to tailgate?

13. readysnowplow

Fixed to the toe hitch

14. Tierra

Tierra Junior Member

ok thanks. I'm looking for one that can swing-away to access truck bed

15. readysnowplow

U can get the awing for about $150 or less I'd try this site o. I've seen them cheap