1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltdogg SHPE2000 or the Blizzard 1.8 CUYD

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SullivanNursery, Dec 18, 2010.

1. SullivanNursery

SullivanNursery Junior Member

Hey everyone I am going to be buying a new salt spreader and I trying to see what everyones take are on these two.
    1. Saltdogg Poly Electric 2.0 cuyd for $3,400.00 locally or
    2. BLizzard Poly Electric 1.8 cuyd for $6,495.00 locally

I am not sure which one would be better, but three thousand more for the blizzard seems like a lot. Are they really worth it? We are located in Hanover, PA 17331 if anyone knows of a good source.

Thanks for your help!
    Alex

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

A local contractor buddy of mine has two Western Tornado Spreaders (same as the Blizzard), He loves them. One of his subs recently bought the Buyers SaltDogg 2000, and is now much more impressed with the overall operation of the SD spreaders. He seemed to really like the auger drive that didn't dump salt into the bed underneath the drag chain like his Western does. He made the comment that he wished he'd seen them before buying the Westerns at 1.5-2X the cost.

That was the major selling point for me, and am still considering upgrading to the SHPE1500 at some point.

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

salt dogg all the way there 3 grand at angelos i know they can ship it to u for way less than 400. then you can just do all your warranty work with your local dealer we have bought 4 salt doggs we love them we do have controller issues on one though

4. SullivanNursery

SullivanNursery Junior Member

Thank you for the quick information. I just ordered the Blizzard 8611pp and the Salt Dogg 2 yard spreader. Now it needs to snow here!