1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg SHPE1500/2000 cleaning

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mx495, Feb 10, 2010.

1. mx495

mx495 Member
    from MO

What do you guys do as far as cleaning your in bed poly spreaders after a storm or for that matter at the end of the season. Do you spray them out? Take the top grate off to really get in there? Nothing? First year with mine and wanting to see what everyone else was doing, thanks.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I only have a tailgate spreader but I try to was it after every use. I spray down the inside and soap up the outside as much as possible. It's 4 years old and has no rust.
  3. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

I have sprayed it out periodically but right now it is totally cleaned out inside. I took off the top screen and blew every bit of salt out with the air hose. I would clean it the best you can. Cleaner it stays longer it lasts :cool:
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I go to my local car wash and use the self-clean bay.Basically all you want to do is have the water running clear through the auger channel.Just want to remove any salt down there so it doesn't freeze.I do this by just sticking the spray wand through the holes of the screen.I try and remove all the salt on the screen first as that will rust but I don't worry about a few crumbs of salt stuck on the poly sides.One warning though--just be careful when you clean off the exterior regarding those cheap decals.Just a little water pressure and they will fly right off.Yes,I'm almost decal-less now.:mad:
  5. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I like to armor all the cove to keep it from drying and brittling in the salt and sun. For the Hopper I spray it down with some diluted simple green and then spray it off always spotless. I also we 40 the top grate and fluid film the auger chute.