1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg SHPE0750 Power On/Blast

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gottaloveOT, Nov 4, 2015.

1. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

We bought two of these spreaders last winter but only got one installed. I want to know if it is possible, or if anybody has, bypassed the automatic 2 second blast feature at power on?

We use these in Bobcat 3600 UTVs and do sidewalks along lawns and walkways up to glass doors/windows. When the operator turns the unit on it throws salt at full auger/spinner speed for the 2 seconds then backs down. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't throw salt into the grass areas and into the glass.

I thought about installing an inline resistor that wouldn't allow the auger and spinner to go above a certain speed but that would limit our use of the spreader for larger areas. Plus I would think it would throw an error code when it doesn't see the correct amperage draw.

2. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Just leave the power on, turn down the auger and spinner to 0. Turn up as needed - no 2 second blast!
  3. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

That is what we ended up doing. Buyers tech support also said to do that. Now we are down one unit because the controller has an internal short. These have only been used for a quarter of a winter, if that.