1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltdogg SHPE0750 Chute Adjustment

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gottaloveOT, Jan 4, 2016.

1. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

The chute on this spreader has 3 sets of holes which move where the salt lands on the spinner. For whatever reason I cannot get my head to understand what difference it makes where the salt lands on the spinner.

The holes will move the salt to the center of the spinner, the middle, and then the outside.

Please help me understand.

Thanks.

2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Where on the spinner the salt lands dictates how long it rides the spinner in its revolution before being thrown off and spread. This allows you to adjust your spread pattern behind or beside the truck based upon what you're typically plowing. For instance, if you are plowing parking lots, a lot of guys will set it up to spread behind and out left (drivers side) so that when doing a lot, they know they are covering everything behind them, but also, have the discharge out the left side so that they can spread under a row of parked cars. On the other hand, if you're work consist of treating roadways while plowing, obviously, you aren't interested in salting the drainage ditch along the side of the road, so you would set it up to discharge evenly out back without much scatter out to the sides. Obviously, spinner speed also makes a difference, so, first you set feed rate of chain auger to discharge the amount of salt desired for a given area, then set spinner speed to achieve the desired spread width and then finally set the spinner chute gates to get the desired pattern behind or out to the side. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. gottaloveOT

gottaloveOT Senior Member

Gotcha. We use these on sidewalks and would like the salt to be thrown as straight back as we can and not onto the grass. Right now it is set in the middle setting which throws the salt to the right more than we would like. I have made deflectors to help control the spread but I would like to not use them other than the factory deflector.