1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltdogg Replacement tailgate on truckcraft insert

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by gunsworth, Jan 7, 2016.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

Any chance anyone has done this? Saltdogg is about 3/4 of an inch too wide at the bottom and top is gonna be tricky.

Would love it if someone had pics of brackets they used even if on another spreader.

Doable for suren just cant pick the best way to do the brackets

[​IMG]

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

I got truck craft insert and almost got the same spreader you got but deal fell through. would like to see what you do to mount it. thanks in advance

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

[​IMG]

I got it temporarily mounted last night. Made these brackets (gonna make a different setup though out of stainless that works on the inside of the brackets and will allow it to hinge and dump whatever salt i have left)

4. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

[​IMG]hisnis how much I needed to notchbout on the bottom, will be welding in a peice to connect it, for today im using ratchet straps lol

5. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

Used it all season, worked great. [​IMG]