1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltdogg auger controlls broken!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by cmo18, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Was out spreading some material tonight when my white face controller started messing up.

Everything works fine but the auger knob seems to be broken? It will spin around and around and unless I hold it down and turned the auger wont spin. It only works in one position.

Now do I need a new controller or can it be taking apart and fix just the auger knob?

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Maybe the jam nut that holds the switch just came loose, pull the knob off (either pulls off or there is a set screw on the side), if the nut is loose take the cover off realign the switch and tighten the nut. I have seen this happen a number of times.

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Does anyone know if you can purchase parts for the controllers?

I took it apart and it seems the auger turn dial on back is broken or atleast I cant get it working and now the vibrator is not turning on.

Has anyone taking a controller to a electronics shop to get work done?

4. Plowfixguys

You can go to any online parts source, I some times us Delcity or Newerk electronics. They have most of the switches, pots, and stuff.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd call your dealer and have them order a new one for you, if its still under warranty.

6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

No warranty, dealer wants 600$ for a new one. Figured I would try and fix this one first!

7. Plowfixguys

What kind of spreader is it?