1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltdogg 2 yard spreader problem!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Deebo53, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Deebo53

Deebo53 Member

Yesterday was the first snow we got. It was a long night lol We accidently reversed into a green cable box and damaged the actually spreader on the truck. We went and got the pieces to replace everything but a blue wire fell off. When we hooked up somewhat repaired spinner back onto the salter everything was spinning and rotating but barely any salt was coming out. I was thinking the blue wire was an auger wire? If anyone knows what this wire is for on this salter and where it goes it would be greatly appreciated if you can explain it to me. Im new the business and just trying to get it up and running ASAP. I appreciate any input. Thanks guys
  2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

This is from a salt dogg rep;

The RED and GREEN wires are the auger wires - RED is positive, GREEN is negative. If you hook it up backwards (without the controller) , it will just run backwards - no damage done.

RED - AUGER +
    BLACK - VIB -
    GRAY - VIB +
    Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    Buyers Products
    Manufacturers of SnowDogg/ScoopDogg/SaltDogg Products

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

could you upload a picture ??? check ur auger wiring also . you may have some wiring carnage there also . :nod:
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Trying to understand exactly what happened here.If you hit that obstacle hard,you very possibly could have tweaked the auger in it's cradle and/or damaged the bearing and/or bushing.You also could have those cheesy chinese connectors not making contact or one or more of your splices isn't making good contact.When you say hardly any salt was coming out,are you referring to the auger not pushing it out of the hopper or the spinner not throwing it out correctly?