1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SaltDogg 1500/2000

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by PLC1985, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Can someone help me. I plan to purchase either the shpe1500 or shpe2000 in the next few days but unfortunately not much dealer support in the area to actually see these units. I can mail order parts so that's not a concern but I am curious other then capacity is there any difference between the two units. Also I will be installing it in a 2006 f350 extended cab short bed. Will the 2000 fit comfortably or will I be hanging out at all. I've read and looked at specs but am curious bout real users experience. Any pics would be great of short beds w the 2000 in em. How bout the wooden box they recommend you make to install them. Is it necessary. Guess it just sounds crazy to me. None of my other spreaders have had to be framed like they say. Just drop em in and strap em down. Thanks for you input
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I never built the wooden box. Mine moved a little bit with just the straps but never to much. I know if you can get the 2yd I would. The 2yd does not have the long slanted bottom like the 1.5yd and material flows a little nicer. I had the 1.5yd spreader and it was in a 8 foot bed with a tool box in the bed. The 1.5yd unit worked good for me but I out grew it.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

PLC1985 I sent you a PM.
  4. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Mike. Thanks for response. Hoping I won't have to build the box. I've got some rubber belting I'm gonna put under it and crank the strap down hopefully that will do it. I'd def prefer to go with the 2.0 not totally necessary as my salt supply is less then 7 mins to majority of my lots but would prefer the largest option I can. So do u now run a 2000 in the same truck? I'm gal u bring up the point of the slant bottom. I was hoping that be the answer based on most pics I've seen of the two options it looke like the 2000 did not have that and I'm glad. I was worried bout salt getting hung up on the slant. Thanks again. Anyone else have anything
  5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

I just bought the 2000 and was lucky enough to use it twice this past week. It seems like an overall excellent spreader. I still have about 2' of clearance in front of it in my 8' bed. I don't have a frame built but I may build one although it didn't move at all