1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saltaway??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by upidstay, Jan 21, 2015.

1. upidstay

upidstay Junior Member
    from Bristol

Anybody using Saltaway to clean their trucks and equipment? Good, bad, indifferent?

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have on my truck plow and salter. And yes it goes work. Thank for the reminder I need to get some more.

3. bah1491

bah1491 Member

We use it after every snow event. Currently using on 5 trucks and all of which are 2012 or newer. Definetly gets 95% or more of the salt residue off of trucks, plastic moldings, spreaders etc.

Most of all it's "peace of mind" for me. Knowing we at least try to prevent some corrosion.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Research a product called holdtight 102. It was the only product the us navy would allow use when we had steam clean all the piping in a sub after a major fire. The salt chlorides were eating away at the interior piping/surfaces. from using salt water to put out the fire.