1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

saltaway vs salt-x

Discussion in 'Salt Away' started by powerjoke, Oct 3, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

hi i just wanted to get this thread going again but i want to know what the differ is with your product and saltaway and i want to know the price also i noticed you did not answer either one of the q's in the previous thread so i would like a straight answer salt-x concentrate is 40 per gal i
  2. powerjoke

i am sorry i meant the differance between Salt-x and Saltaway
  3. saltaway

saltaway Junior Member

The last 2 questions were answered privately.

Salt-Away costs $32 per gallon, Salt-Away is 8 times more concentrated, it has a corrosion inhibitor that works, and Salt-X has an ingredient that causes metals to oxidize. If you are interested in proving the last 2 items yourself (above), we send out test kits to perform the comparative test yourself.
  4. powerjoke

lively thread 'eh
  5. badger

badger Junior Member
    from Maine

powerjoke, i have been using salt away 4 years. had really good luck. i use it on my tractor which i use to clean the towns beachs 3-4 times a week all summer. also use it on sanders and trucks. very happy with it
  6. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

how can i get the sample test kit?
  7. saltaway

saltaway Junior Member

Hello Michael,

Just send your name, address and include your phone number and we will send you the material, equipment and instructions. The test is easy and it can be repeated many times. If you would like to send the information privately, email to sales@saltawayproducts.com. Thank you for your interest.

Lenora Meister
    Salat-Away Products, Inc.