1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snow Master, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Snow Master

Snow Master Junior Member

In the beginning of this season, I was under the impression that salt would be hard to find or very expensive. So far I've been able to find salt without a problem and have only paid about 10% more than last year. Is everyone else finding salt ok? I'm just wondering.
  2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

no problems here yet paying 70 a ton bulk and 40 a ton for sand salt 4:1 mix
  3. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

We got cut off at 40 tons here and paid double from last year. Now anyone that has it wants $130 a ton. Ya, its harder to find or everyone is just trying to screw people around here. Las year was $51 a ton now its $98.
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

no problems here, but i'm using mostly fine salt, the price is good at $39.50/ton....
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The salt shortage is real, use the search function as there are lots of threads about it.
  6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Its going up up up here.. last year 65-70 ton skids were 140-150 ..this year 140-180 per ton skids 189-215 . Its not hard to find just hard to get it at a good price .
  7. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

159.00 a ton and they are out here. Said to get load today but I wouldn't hold breath to long. Oh and price started at 60 a ton 2 seasons ago and 117 a ton this fall.

MAR4CARS Senior Member

We use/sell bulk salt on Tuesday they cut us off at the docks and said no sales till Monday.My understanding is the barge will be coming in Monday am and the 100 tons they have left on the docks is being reserved for town/state use.
  9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You don't know what's going on with this?

This must be a joke, or someone fishing. :nod:

MSUSICK Junior Member

Cleveland Salt

Does any one know what is the availability and price of salt in cleveland area
  11. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Got cut off about 6 weeks ago. Was getting bulk salt/ loaded-no commitment @ 150/Ton. Having a hard time finding any NOW. Maybe able to get some next week @ $150/Ton plus delivery fees. I heard another guy just got done ordering 400Ton @ $200/Ton. Ouchpayuppayup
  12. TRKling

TRKling Member

There is salt around in Cleveland area. Just need to make a few calls, but Kimber had salt as well as Abraxus - but I think you will find Kimber is cheaper, not to mention closer to Pitt.

Look under the vendor forums for Northeast Ohio's Salt Solution.. he's posted there.
  13. Street Superint

Street Superint Junior Member

No problem here in Missouri and we are paying $99.75 a ton delivered to our location
  14. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

From who? ..
  15. Street Superint

Street Superint Junior Member

We are puchasing our salt from Ag. Partners in Tarkio, Mo. ussmileyflag