1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wildwillyscapes, Nov 4, 2005.

1. wildwillyscapes

wildwillyscapes Junior Member

Hey guys im new at this snow plowing and I have a 1990 F350 with a plow and I was just wondering how you went about getting salt? Do you stock up on a lot early? where can i buy it in baulk? One more question, how much do you think i would go threw if i have 40 plow jobs? They are all driveways accept two perkins and two small offices. THanks! :confused:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do all 40 of your customers want salt? Do you have a salt spreader?

The rest of the answers will depend on the answer to that one. The are several sources for rock salt, but some require buying several tons at a time. For one or two tons, try your local farm supply sure or Home Depot. They will likely sell bags of 40 and 80 pounds, by the bag or pallet.