1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kawasaki guy, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

Where does everyone get their rock salt?

Thanks!

2. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

Local suppliers..........................:rolleyes:..............:eek:

3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

thanks! :waving:

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I assume the point was, ask a question with detail and many members will try to help or offer great advice.
    Your question is to open ended.
    I buy rock salt from a bulk supplier!
    Did that help?

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Me too. I get mine from a local supplier. Nice guys there....

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Salt mines----wholesalers----local retailers,pretty much the same everywhere.Not to be offensive,but your question lacks substance.

7. coryweber2000

coryweber2000 Junior Member

I buy my salt from north american salt they have a depot in milwaukee and green bay i buy about 90 ton a year and pay around 50$ a ton but i own a quad axle trucking co. so we haul our own I don't know if they have any other places in the us but i can give you there phone number if you want?

8. polyps

polyps Junior Member

Finally a decent guy. Thanks for not being a jerk

9. tuney443

UMMM--If you want to make it to post #2,I'd strongly advise NOT using the J word again as that's frowned on here,you know,it's known as liable and character assassination to a degree.We're pretty much all ''decent guys'' here,just when you ask a question,if it's so ambiguous that everybody's guessing as to meaning,you get what you get for an answer.

10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Not to mention everybody is pretty much done with their prep work, their wives are shopping, most of the country is free of snow cover or snow falling...and there's nothing much else to do but offend the new guy! Just kiddin'... We use Michigan Salt or John Deere Landscapes. Bagged salt by the truckload (18 pallets.) $3.50ish/bag preseason.

11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I am assuming here but a lot of guys on here are glad to help but they might not want to be giving out their exact prices and contacts. Im not being mean here and I a lot of guys on here know I like to help people, but there are some things i wont tell. I work real hard at tracking down salt suppliers and their prices. And i work real hard at getting their prices as cheap as I can. Im not about to give all that away. But to answere what i can, I get my salt from Central Salt. I go to Lemont Depot, which is on South side of Chicago. Its quick and about a 15 min drive for me. I just grab 15 tons ata time in my iwn truck.

12. polyps

polyps Junior Member

you all knew what the guy was asking, it was not ambiguous at all. if you thought it was, it's on you not him.

13. tuney443

Really now?Asking such a generic question ''Where do you guys get your salt from'' doesn't qualify as ambiguous huh? Let's see:1. Is the OP referring to bulk salt or bagged salt? 2. What quantities are we talking about here? 3.Where is the OP located?

About as clear as pea soup, but we were supposed to know all this right?