1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt yard no weekend hours during winter.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NW Snow Removal, Jan 30, 2011.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

I find it strange that they don't run weekend hours during the winter. It would be nice to be able to run trucks on the weekend without traffic. I realize that they probably only run 1 full time week per depot, and overtime racks up their cost, but with the amount of increased sales i would think for a couple of months they would keep em open.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

where i pre-ordered my salt from isnt open on weekends either, so i go to abraxus which is also a snow plowing company (actually #14 on the top 100 list) they are ALWAYS open. the other yard said to save the receipts and they'll reimburse me for whatever i had to buy from the other yard at times when they were closed. they also gave us a personal number and to call when we needed and they'd send an operator up there, but i wouldnt want to do that to them.

3. yell llc

yell llc Member

yeah... most places around here at least have "emergengy salt operators"

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

well i guess its since this place isnt really a major salt player, they rent equip and sell aggregate and they usually just have about 500 ton in a large bin and thats it for the year. whoever buys from them usually hauls it out i assume, we just go and get the hopper loaded each time. what i like is that i pre purchased the 40 tons and i can store it there for the winter and they deduct from my balance each time since i dont have anywhere to store it myself.

5. NW Snow Removal

I buy a couple thousand tons and from one of the biggest in the world, and they don't have weekend hours in chicagoland.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

see if they will let you park a skid there when they arent open

7. NW Snow Removal

good idea. and keys to their shed. Thumbs Up

8. MARK SUPPLY

MARK SUPPLY Member

time to open up shop!

Get urself some space and loader ect.... The reason they aren't open is because we are very easily trained....SIT STAY GET YOUR SALT DURING THE WEEK...GOOD BOY.....:salute:

9. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

I can get product on Saturdays. Diversify.

:cool: