1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt-who's good who's not

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cincy snowdog, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

just seeing how everyones doing with salt,did everyone get some together? $100ton pickup here in cinti,cash only,going fast

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  2. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

i can get one skid going for 245 but thats all i can find

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

you better go get it

4. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Where at? I need it badly! I am needing around 6 ton. Any help will be greatly appreciated!:salute:

5. doh

doh Senior Member

I don't spread it so I am good. It rarely gets above 0F here so salt does little. sand is better.

6. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Guys

Dirty, yes very dirty salt, is available at one of my suppliers. PM me if you want more info.

7. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm good for 4 events. Hopefully, there won't be any more than that. Can't wait for Spring.....Geez.

Picked up a skid yesterday here in Florence for $247 incl. tax.

A 32% increase in the last 2 weeks. Unreal.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

remember when hurricane andrew hit and katrina hit...weren't there stories of price gouging on items that were in short supply and didn't the attorney generals or government step in?
    some of the price increases ive seen posted seem unreasonable maybe because they were disasters?

9. hawk29

hawk29 Junior Member
    from Sw ohio

I got lucky yesterday and followed the salt truck into one of my supppliers bought 3 skids @ normal pricing!! 80 pound bags for $5.50

10. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Snowdog,
    Thanks alot man! Now I am good to go for the rest of the year hopefully!;)

11. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

hey Drott no problem,glad to help out,keep that gold under lock and key.lol :waving: