1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt western chicago

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 79bonco, Dec 15, 2007.

1. 79bonco

79bonco Junior Member

both bags and bulk (bulk per truck load)

Thanks for the help
  2. HTI

HTI Member

Is your question where to buy it or how much to charge?
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

630-744-3966 ask for tom. I have him truck my bulk salt
  4. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

If you are looking to buy call Jeff Miller at ConservFS 847 526-0007 for both bulk and bagged.

Not sure what your price would be as part of the rate is frieght. I have been getting bulk salt from them for the past three seasons. Their prices are fair and THEY DELIVER when they say they will. Never ran into the 3-5 day waits or price hike mid season. I consider them highly reliable. I have NEVER been left without material since I switched to them.

Ron G.
  5. 79bonco

79bonco Junior Member

Where to buy.
    You go to him and pick up or he delivers?
    Can you pick up from them? at least for the bulk...don't really have any equipment to load the trucks yet...

What are you guys paying for it from these guys? I'm gonna give em' a call but I'm sure its a little late for that right now...
  6. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

They deliver VIA semi. Not sure how is selling bulk slat out of a yard in your area but you usually get stuck to there retail hours. See if you can network with someone BIG in your area that is will to sell to you off their pile. That is how I started out with bulk until I was alble to run my own pile.

Good luck.

Ron G.
  7. Hey Ron. I called them today and i was told that they are not going to take on any more cust. for salt this year, which i thought is crazy

8. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

ANybody in the SW chicago area have bulk salt? Take on new customers? I need a semi load. I am out! My supplier is out. Russo isnt taking new customers for bulk.