1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt vs plow question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by benabarlow, Dec 21, 2004.

1. benabarlow

benabarlow Member
    from vermont

Lets say you get $35 per push at this particular place. When you have to just salt it what is a fair price to charge them taking in account salt in burlington vermont is $85 a ton or 1 cubic yard. Any suggestions can help thanks.
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Half is fair, but is it worth it for $17.50?
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

As a general rule, sanding only will equal plowing only. So if a driveway is $35 to plow, it will usually be $35 to sand.
  4. benabarlow

benabarlow Member
    from vermont

well I could run a billing that way and see who doen't complain and go from there. thanks.
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

The cheapest that I charge for salt is 35.00 for a real small lot that hold 8 cars then about 10x 40 ft drive on each side of the building. 35.00 is almost to cheap but i buy my salt 1 ton at a time and have some left from my other salting jobs so I use that on the doctors office.

Regards Mike