1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Dec 1, 2010.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Guys

All of the salt trucks are ready to go. I thought we were going to actually have to use them today, but the light snow tapered to flurries :mad:

Of the 9 dedicated salt trucks we run, 3 of them don't have blades hanging on the front. The International does have a blade, but we will keep it off unless we're expecting a very large storm. I drive one of the Chevy's that doesn't have a plow on it when we're out on salt runs. I like it because it's one less thing to worry about.

Anyway, they're all parked inside the building for now. When we know that we will need to use them, we'll load them and park them back inside for the night. That way they're dry and ready to roll in those early hours (usually).

Take Care!

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice set up as always. You have a very serious operation going over there, keep posting pictures!

3. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Very awesome set up, looks top notch!!

4. KMBertog

Thank you! Will keep the pictures coming. Can't wait to use all this equipment payup

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Ya, tell me about it. This is the worst time of year for me, dumping all this money into new equipment and prepping the equipment and now just sitting and waiting to use it so it can start making money.

6. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Very impressive! As Merrimac said keep posting pictures!

7. KMBertog

Thanks, Fatality! If you search these threads I have some other pics floating around.

8. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

I think I've seen every picture about 3 times LOL :) Just can't get enough

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice, all of your equipment looks extremely well kept.

10. KMBertog

Thanks JD! We make sure to maintain everything to the best of our abilities! :nod:

11. GTL Inc.

GTL Inc. Member

Great looking fleet you have there................

12. merrimacmill

from MA

Do all those 3500's have central hydraulics? I don't see a electric motor unit on the plow frame. If so, did you buy these trucks at auction from a DPW or did you have them rigged up like that? The only people I've seen put the money into central hydros on a 1 ton is the DPW's.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice picture Keith. Keep them coming.

14. SIWEL

SIWEL Senior Member

Do you have any v box spreaders or all under tail gate?

15. KMBertog

All are under tailgate. That's how it's been for 30 years and I don't see us switching anytime soon.

16. KMBertog

We bought most of those 3500's years ago when they were new. There is one electric motor on one of them at the very end of the line. But yes, most run the plows on the central hydraulic unit that also powers the dump bed. Whether or not those came from the factory or we rigged them up that way afterward is beyond my knowledge. If you want more info, I can talk to our fleet manager, he would know. He knows every single truck "up and down". :p

17. KMBertog

Thanks! You're not the only one who keeps wanting more pictures, and I appreciate that! xysport

18. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

Nice looking fleet love the new ford

19. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice trucks man. Whats with all the lockers by the international?

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow very nice Fleet Everything matches nicely I like that. Also even though some of those trucks look older the all you very clean. Do you have loaders and stuff that do alot of plowing? Seems like you have alot of salt trucks compared to plows