1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt truck with dump box??????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay brown, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i bought a ford f 800, dump truck, with central hydro, with 9' box yesterday that i will use for my 5-6 yard swenson salter. we already have 2 older, "bigger" dump trucks (roofing trucks), so i really don't need this "little" dump box for anyting. my ? is would any of you take the box off to gain more payload, visibility,and a 10" lower center of gravity? or do you guys like having the dump box on? all of our salting is parking lots (some smaller). i will still keep my 3 yard, 1 ton salt truck for backup. i hope to gain contracts from area small towns and possibility some township roads. thanks..........

2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

if you dont have a need for the truck besides salt then yes it would be a good idea but what if one of your "bigger" trucks goes down for a week or 2 you would have this truck with the body on to dump its a toss up