1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Theft in Monmouth County New Jersey!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rcn971, Jan 15, 2014.

1. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Went to one of my sites this afternoon and realized that almost half of the bin was empty. Glanced over at loader and noticed it was parked in the same space but in the opposite direction! Some scumbags came in and loaded up I'd guess around a tandems worth of salt with my loader. There are no less than (30) cameras on the roof, so hopefully there were as stupid as they were ballsy to do this. People suck!

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

They used your loader, and didn't steal the it ?

I guess the salt is a lot cheaper to replace, huh ?

Yeah.... they suck.

3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Dont Trust anyone East of the Mississippi
    :jester:

4. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Luckily for me, they didn't take the loader. Not a popular brand.....so the risk vs reward probably not worth it as it would take forever to part out. Even luckier for me that the salt is supplied to me by the contract holder so I didn't personally take a hit on the salt.

Can't wait to go through the camera footage though.....be like one of those crime lab tv shows.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It was Christie's other aide who did it.

6. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

wow what town? hopefully you got them on camera and can out them here ...

7. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Hopefully someone saw them and can get a description of the vehicle.

Maybe they are affected by a storage and planning to replace it when they get their delivery?
    :D

8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to say 49th Parallel...

Maybe the guy who bought it for you needed it elsewhere......

9. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Yeah, you can often hear guys like that before you see them, because their big brass ones are clanging together. Thievin' bastitches. :mad:

Here's hoping your cameras got a good look at faces and plate numbers and whatever else will lead to them getting convicted.

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Wow. Staling bobcats, plows, trucks, now salt? What is this world coming too?

11. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

It was in Neptune, at a very busy location. I'm pretty sure you also work in Neptune. I called a couple of my other friends that have salt bins on their site to let them know. I will definitely out them on here if we can catch them on the video.

12. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yup.... and they're already in hiding by now, so good luck getting an interview.

13. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Glad to hear that you didn't take the loss.

Is it possible that it was the cooks from Pete and Eldas and they're desperate for seasonings for their win a t-shirt pie that's so popular there. The pizza is kind of "cardboard-ish" and they really don't like giving those shirts away anymore...... even though you pay for them with the increased price in the pie.

:)

14. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

Was never a fan of the pizza over there....never quite got the attraction of eating a paper towel with cheese on it. Was always into Vesuvios in Belmar which unfortunately closed down for good after the storm last year.

15. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I will never go back to P&E's, as the food sucked. Good description, BTW.

My favorite joint is Federicos on the main street in Belmar. We used to go there once a week until my wife decided we liked another pizza joint much closer to home.:eek:

16. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

hopefully, your cameras don't show a bunch of Swed's from Lillyhammer

17. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Fleetmatics, or another GPS system might not be a bad idea either. It lets you set alarms when equipment moves outside certain preset time and distance ranges.

A local competitor had a truck, trailer, and skid steer stolen and the police were able to catch him and pull him over before he even knew that anyone knew he stole the stuff, he didn't stand a chance.

18. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

How long did it take them to catch you ?

;)

19. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Anything good on the cameras?

The guy who runs this company in TX has been helping me with information about the DeWalt GPS tracker that a PlowSite member mentioned in another thread. The tracker probably won't help with stolen salt, unless they made off with a tandem with a tracker on it, but one or more of their locks might keep thieves from using your own loader to rip you off. (Or from swiping the loader.)
    <http://www.trailer-alarms.com/eqlock.htm>

20. rcn971

rcn971 Senior Member

They have not gotten back to us yet.