1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Supply in Ohio

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowconcepts, Feb 7, 2008.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Does anyone know of any suppliers in nw Ohio for bulk salt, or is it just as bad here as it is everywhere else?
  2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i was able to get more salt from north american this week but its coming out of cincy and not toledo. i guess they are streched pretty thin. who do you usually buy from?

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

have no problems in my area....really has not snowed very much at all
  4. timlb703

timlb703 Junior Member

Call Arms Trucking (440) 834-4965. They are getting from fairport mine. We have used them for 5-6 years know. January 12-31 We were getting 44--50 Tons a day. 1082 Tons to date. They have never made mention of shortage. We are paying $42.20 a ton delivered, although both of my salt bins are within 10 miles of the mine. EXCELLENT SERVICE from them....
  5. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Arms Trucking

Just called Arms Trucking and he told me salt picked up at their yard $65.00 ton. He also told me supply would be no problem. My probelm is I am from Toledo area trucking is going to kill me.
  6. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

morton salt in grand river (just outside cleaveland) they deliver to us in youngstown i dont think it is much further to toledo. my supplier told me today that he talked to themyesterday and they dont have any shortages ar delays.
  7. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Cincinnati salt piles down on the river are getting pretty small,i have seen in the past where they put a hold on salt for the govt. just thought i would let you know.